When trying to lose extra pounds and tone up your body, many find their butt and thighs to be areas that need special attention. And squat is the ultimate solution to tone up your butt and thighs in as little as only twenty seven days. Squat is preferred by the trainers as it works on quads, glutes, hamstrings, hips and your cores. Just take up the squat challenge – but don’t forget to take a day of complete rest after every five squat days.
Squat is though considered to be a leg exercise by many, basically it’s a full body exercise that works on each and every muscle group of your body as well as bones and ensure increased flexibility. Since it involves utilization of a different muscle groups, they require the body to increase anabolic hormone production that in turn helps in losing fat and gaining muscle. Whether it’s for losing weight or strengthening muscles – squats are the best and fastest way to meet your goal. They are just amazing.
How to do the basic squat?
When it comes to taking up a 3 to 4 weeks squat challenge, you can depend on the basic bodyweight squat. Here is how to do it.
- Look straight and choose a spot on the wall in front of you. You have to look at this point throughout your squat session. Don’t look down at the ground or look up.
- Now put the arms straight in front of you keeping them parallel to the ground.
- Let the spine be in a neutral position without rounding your back. You should also avoid hyper extension and over stressing on the natural arch of the back.
- Think about the weight on your feet – the weight should be on heels and the balls of the feet as if you’re pasted to the ground.
- Keep the boy tight throughout.
- Now, breath in, break at the hip and push the butt back. Keep sending the butt backward as you start bending the knees. But you should not start with bending your knees; start with the hips back.
- Keep your back straight with the spine. You should also keep the shoulders and the chest up. Look straight ahead at the squat spot on the wall.
- Make sure you keep the knees in line with the feet as you squat down.
- Keep squatting down until your butt is lower than the knee level.
- Now once you reach the bottom, stand back up.
- Keep the muscles tight and breathe out. Drive through the heels.
- Drive the knees out and squeeze the butt at the top to ensure that you’re using your glutes too!
What would be the squat (27 days) schedule?
Your squat challenge starts with 10 squats on the first day and each day you need to do five more squats than what you did in the previous day.
Day 1 – 10 reps
Day 2 – 15 reps
Day 3 – 20 reps
Day 4 – 25 reps
Day 5 – 30 reps
Day 6 – Rest
Day 7 – 30 reps
Day 8 – 35 reps
Day 9 – 40 reps
Day 10 – 45 reps
Day 11 – 50 reps
Day 12 – Rest
Day 13 – 50 reps
Day 14 – 55 reps
Day 15 – 60 reps
Day 16 – 65 reps
Day 17 – 70 reps
Day 18 – Rest
Day 19 – 70 reps
Day 20 – 75 reps
Day 21 – 80 reps
Day 22 – 85 reps
Day 23 – 90 reps
Day 24 – Rest
Day 25 – 90 reps
Day 26 – 95 reps
Day 27 – 100 reps
This is the schedule of basic bodyweight squat that you need to follow for 27 days to ensure toned up butt and thighs. To find out more, you may ask you gym teacher or get help from the web. Remember, being a novice in squatting, you should do it sitting on a chair until you feel comfortable with these movements.